martes, 5 de septiembre de 2023

Shirt - /ʃɜrt/ - Camisa

Pants - /pænts/ - Pantalones

Dress - /dres/ - Vestido

Jacket - /ˈdʒæk.ɪt/ - Chaqueta

Sweater - /ˈswet.ər/ - Suéter

Blouse - /blaʊz/ - Blusa

Skirt - /skɜrt/ - Falda

T-shirt - /ˈtiː.ʃɜrt/ - Camiseta

Jeans - /dʒiːnz/ - Vaqueros

Shorts - /ʃɔːrts/ - Pantalones cortos

Hat - /hæt/ - Sombrero

Coat - /koʊt/ - Abrigo

Socks - /sɑks/ - Calcetines

Underwear - /ˈʌn·dərˌwer/ - Ropa interior

Gloves - /ɡlʌvz/ - Guantes

Scarf - /skɑrf/ - Bufanda

Tie - /taɪ/ - Corbata

Belt - /belt/ - Cinturón

Boots - /buːts/ - Botas

Sandals - /ˈsænd.əlz/ - Sandalias

Sneakers - /ˈsniː.kərz/ - Zapatillas deportivas

Hoodie - /ˈhuː.di/ - Sudadera con capucha

Cardigan - /ˈkɑr.dɪ.ɡən/ - Cárdigan

Blazer - /ˈbleɪ.zər/ - Chaqueta de vestir

Trousers - /ˈtraʊ.zərz/ - Pantalones

Raincoat - /ˈreɪn.koʊt/ - Impermeable

Pajamas - /pəˈdʒɑː.məz/ - Pijamas

Bikini - /bɪˈkiː.ni/ - Bikini

Vest - /vest/ - Chaleco

Kimono - /kɪˈmoʊ.noʊ/ - Kimono



Exercise 1: Clothing Description


"I have a favorite blue shirt that I wear to work. It's made of cotton, has long sleeves, and a button-up front. It's comfortable and versatile."

"I love my black leather jacket. It's perfect for cooler weather, and it has a stylish design with a zippered front and multiple pockets."

"I recently bought a floral print dress. It's very colorful and great for summer. The fabric is lightweight, and it has a flowy skirt."

Exercise 2: Weather-Appropriate Attire


"On a hot summer day, I would wear shorts, a tank top, and flip-flops to stay cool and comfortable."

"For a cold winter day, I'd choose a heavy coat, a warm scarf, gloves, and boots to keep warm."

"If it's a rainy day, I'd grab my raincoat, an umbrella, and waterproof boots to stay dry."

Exercise 3: Clothes Shopping


"I'm looking for a formal suit for an upcoming job interview. Do you have any in charcoal gray in size 40?"

"I need a pair of running shoes for my daily workouts. I prefer lightweight ones with good arch support."

"I'm attending a beach wedding, and I'm searching for a light, flowy dress in a pastel color. Something elegant but not too formal."

Exercise 4: Getting Ready for an Event


"For the elegant party, I'd choose a classic black tuxedo with a bowtie and patent leather shoes. It's timeless and perfect for such occasions."

"I'm planning to wear a long, elegant red dress with matching high heels and a statement necklace to the gala."

"I have a business conference, so I'll go with a well-fitted navy suit, a white dress shirt, and a conservative tie."

Exercise 5: Fashion Opinions


"I think the recent trend of oversized sweaters is fantastic. They're cozy and stylish, perfect for a relaxed look."

"Personally, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans. I find them uncomfortable, and I prefer a more relaxed fit."

"I love the resurgence of vintage fashion. The retro dresses and accessories have a unique charm that I adore."

Feel free to use these sample answers as a reference or inspiration for your practice. Remember to personalize your responses based on your preferences and experiences to make your speaking practice more engaging and relevant to you. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario